Workflow automation is a means of processing files in a particular sequence with a minimum of human intervention. thebigword’s workflow automation system is flexible and can be tailored to the requirements of our clients. Where it is appropriate to perform a machine-based operation on a file, we will do so. Conversely, for activities such as translation, proofreading, linguistic review and desktop publishing, which must be performed by a human, workflow automation will create and assign an activity to a named individual. By workflow automation we do not mean automatic machine translation of your files; translation work is undertaken by fully qualified and approved professional translators.
thebigword’s workflow automation system offers the following benefits:
- Pre-translation of files using client-specific translation memories consisting of a single language pair
- Quality checking of the file structure to ensure that the returned file matches the structure of the original
- Assignment of translation tasks to pre-approved translators or translator groups
- Creation and assignment of review tasks to your nominated linguistic reviewers
- Addition of pre-supplied standard reference material to translation and review tasks
- Merging of approved translation text into your translation memory upon job completion
At thebigword we do not have a “one size fits all” approach to workflow automation. Each client’s requirements are assessed individually, and can include processes that will improve turnaround time, increase translation accuracy and ensure final file quality.
For your next translation or interpreting project, please contact us using our online chat tool or request an instant quote or a call back.